Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Meditrust has been moving up smartly this year (close to 100%)to 5.10 prior to their quarterly earnings anouncement. AS soon as they announced their earnings (loss?)the stock has since stalled.

Anyway I have been trying to make sence of the report in my own inept way so maybe someone better versed in the forien language of reading a balance sheet can offer some insite. I was trying to breakout what Meditrust's earnings will be once the dump the rest of the healthcare assets.

PLEASE VERIFY ALL #"S

Lodging EBITA for first quarter $61.5 million
Healthcare present book value $461 million
If healthcare assets sold for 80% of present book value $369 million
Present debt $1.6 billion

$1.6 billion debt - $369 million(health care sales)= $1.231 billion debt

$61.5 ebita x 4(quarters)=$246 million earnings anually (conservative since first quarter is usually not one of the best?)

$246 million - $123million interest ($1.23 billion x 10%)= $123 million
(Had to pick some number for interest cost)

$123 million / 142,958,000 shares = $.86 / share annual income

How will the NOL carryfoward affect Meditrust and how soon they will HAVE to pay a dividend (it is either $100 million or $220 million so far from what I can tell).

Anyone have any thoughts on what kind of share price Meditrust should achieve based on these earnings (we can always hope)compared to other REITS and their P/E's?

Just trying to get my hands around the numbers but not succeeding

as always
toofuzzy
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement