Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
Fellow Fools, I posted the following on the Ask a Foolish question board and received advice to try here.

If you reside in a no income tax state and work in another, do you have to pay state income tax? I'm getting ready to retire (looking at Florida, a no income tax state) and my company (in Virginia) wants me to stay on to consult. I can consult from another location. Just exploring the possibilities of being able to receive income from a state where income is taxed and maybe not being liable for the tax if I live elsewhere.

Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.