Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: BlancheDuB One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 243  
Subject: Buy? Sell? Date: 5/2/2012 11:34 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Is anybody out there?
I'm new to this board and I see that the last post was in summer of 2011!
I own shares of Siemens because I believed this "solid" company would go far with energy solutions for Europe (especially after Germany closed down nuclear plants.)
Now they're in trouble over wind power. But is that the whole Siemens story? Are they a lost cause? Or a buying opportunity?
Help! Someone who knows this stuff!
Thanx.
Hope someone's out there.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: mj2boogie Two stars, 250 posts Old School Fool Motley Fool One Everlasting Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 230 of 243
Subject: Re: Buy? Sell? Date: 5/4/2012 11:32 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I haven't done much analysis on Siemens, but I have been looking at Siemens to buy, thinking that, as you say, this is a "solid" company. I'm assuming that, though there has probably been some impact from the wind business, the slide in stock price is just related to macro-economic conditions in Europe. I think this company should do fine long term, and I'm just looking for a good entry point. The 3+% dividend is nice too.
Mark

Author: RWRocksOn Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 231 of 243
Subject: Re: Buy? Sell? Date: 5/12/2012 3:10 PM
Recommendations: 1
go to Value Hounds board. Lekitkat, Feste winner, is looking @ Siemens.

RWS

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement