UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: lemoneater Feste Award Nominee! Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 21  
Subject: Buy Uranium Now! Date: 2/16/2011 9:45 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
No I haven't posted this under the wrong board. If you were too late to avoid the run up in rare earths, don't despair. You can always invest in Uranium Glass.

http://www.orau.org/ptp/collection/consumer%20products/vasel...

This is one of the hotter collecting categories in Depression glass, but some pieces are still affordable.

I don't have any uranium glass yet, I want to be sure that it doesn't present any health risks to my cat who is a glass fancier.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: lemoneater Feste Award Nominee! Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 15 of 21
Subject: Re: Buy Uranium Now! Date: 2/24/2011 7:43 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Yesterday my husband bought a black light cfl and we tested my collection of glass to see if any of it would fluoresce. I have four pieces of uranium glass. All of my green glass from the 1930's glows an alien green under the black light. Wow!

However, now my green sugar bowl, creamer, and cup and saucer will be for display only and not for use for food consumption. At least my pink glass from the 30's isn't slightly radioactive!

Author: lemoneater Feste Award Nominee! Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 16 of 21
Subject: Re: Buy Uranium Now! Date: 3/1/2011 12:06 PM
My glass glows green, but I discovered that my diamond glows blue. It has very good fire so perhaps the fluorescence enhances its appearance. I'm going to check out some of my other stones and see how they look under black light.

Any time I get a hobby it seems that I learn so many interesting and unexpected things.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement