Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: Pricewin One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 44  
Subject: Buying Opportunity Date: 5/12/1998 10:45 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
betcher: I hope you did your homework on BUS. I bought about 3 years ago at current level and have waited for the stock to get back up to level I purchased it at. But I do think this is a good opportunity but I would suggest you look for the long term on BUS. They do have large debt and a potential driver's strike looming. If they can get the drivers signed to a new contract then I would expect this stock to go up. But be patient. I notice this stock will tend to rise and then slip a bit, trade in a range up and down, consolidate, then kick up again. So I think this is a long term hold for sure! Good Luck!
Print the post Back To Top
Author: capitalfool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 25 of 44
Subject: Re: Buying Opportunity Date: 5/13/1998 2:21 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
One of the Ethical brokerage houses recommended this stock to me last fall as a company that was on the verge of a turn around. It was a tip which at the time didn't pan out as the stock never moved above $4.00. But, it serves to point out that some people have been aware of the turn around at Greyhound for some time.

The problem I have buying after the Barrons story is that to what degree are the Barrons insiders playing you for a sucker. If you're really interested in picking this stock up wait until the next market drop. It should be along shortly. This Barrons bubble will burst and you'll probably be able to buy some BUS for $5.50, $5.00, or even lower.

A good stock at a bad price is a bad deal for everyone except the guy who's selling to you.

Author: Rando One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 26 of 44
Subject: Re: Buying Opportunity Date: 5/13/1998 10:01 AM
Pricewin,I bought AirTran at 8 1/2 about 2 years ago and it is finally up to the level I purchased it at. Barring more violent hail storms and stray oxygen canisters, they are poised to make money - me too! The advantage Greyhound has over AirTran is they never leave the ground. I usually get on board too early like you did with this one. I was pinching pennies with Chrysler last week, tried to buy it at 38 3/8, it dropped to 38 1/2 because of the "loyal customer discount" war they were embarking on with f and gm and now it's what, 52? The thought of being left at the loading platform if BUS pulls out without me was just too much to bear. I bought doggie stock at 6 1/16 yesterday. If AirTran doesn't fly there , I'm taking the bus.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement