No. of Recommendations: 3
By "contributing as much as I am able", what do you mean? You may be able to take the final paycheck and have the company withhold the entire amount (except SS and required deductions) for the 401k IF it doesn't exceed your 2013 401k allowable total. The others will be able to tell if you can do it retroactively. You still may be able to do it IF you are owed vacation, sick leave or others as a cash payment.

RYR Home Fool
Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.