Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: BlackFrank Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 2450  
Subject: C Date: 9/11/2009 1:26 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
My closest friend (HS, college, roommates at various times in our lives, best man at my wedding, kids play together like cousins, our families camp together, etc.) is two hours into a potentially complicated,longer, cancer surgery.

I can't stand the wait; but, also can't imagine what his wife and kids are going through. I'm not able to say much else except that I hope that it hasn't spread anymore and that they can remove all of it.

I wish my cell phone would stop staring at me.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: AAAAmanda Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2440 of 2450
Subject: Re: C Date: 9/11/2009 1:45 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
I am sorry that you are going through this. I am sorry that your friend is going through this. The big "C" is a nasty, unpredictable, son of a b!thc.

I can't say that I know what you are feeling. Both of my parents went through this phase without me and told me the results afterwards. I can't imagine what it must be like. The question is a two-parter, isn't it? Will he come through the operation okay, and then, did they get it all?

If you are a praying man, pray. I am a believer in sending good vibes.

He and his family are going to be out of it for a while. All of their emotional energy is going to be caught up in oncologist appointments and all the rest of it. Good nutrition and the condition of the front yard aren't really going to make the top five of their list. Perhaps in the coming days ahead you could make your care and concern felt by helping them out in this way.

I donno. I tend to think that we feel the worst when we simply stand there, not able to do anything. Having a plan, no matter how premature, can get you to start focusing on something positive.

4A

Author: BlackFrank Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2441 of 2450
Subject: Re: C Date: 9/11/2009 2:38 PM
Recommendations: 2
He's out of surgery and in recovery. They were able to get most of it and are hoping the rest will ablate with radiation.

So, good news overall. Going in, there were some nodules they knew they weren't going to be able to get.

Author: MargaretHoulihan Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2442 of 2450
Subject: Re: C Date: 9/11/2009 6:27 PM
Recommendations: 3
Jesus, I thought this was going to be about Citibank. I was really worried for a minute.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement