UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (15) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: desertdaveataol Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 19661  
Subject: CABLE NEWS RACE Date: 10/5/2012 9:00 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
CABLE NEWS RACE
THURS. OCT. 4, 2012

FOXNEWS O'REILLY 4,280,000
FOXNEWS HANNITY 3,908,000
FOXNEWS GRETA 3,248,000
FOXNEWS BAIER 2,243,000
FOXNEWS THE FIVE 2,310,000
FOXNEWS SHEP 2,243,000
CMDY DAILY SHOW 1,841,000
FOXNEWS FOX&FRIENDS 1,741,000
CMDY COLBERT 1,456,000
MSNBC MADDOW 1,286,000
MSNBC O'DONNELL 1,193,000
MSNBC HARDBALL 1,109,000
MSNBC SHARPTON 1,044,000
CNN COOPER 645,000
CNN BLITZER 624,000
CNN PIERS 598,000
MSNBC MORNING JOE 576,000
Print the post Back To Top
Author: rubberthinking Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 11819 of 19661
Subject: Re: CABLE NEWS RACE Date: 10/6/2012 10:45 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Ddave,

are you trying to say that a little over 4 million folks are stupid?

Dave

Author: paralwaysgood Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 11820 of 19661
Subject: Re: CABLE NEWS RACE Date: 10/6/2012 11:28 AM
...or are you saying that Fox News offers compelling fiction for millions of Americans?

The recurring CABLE NEWS RACE segment offers unlimited riffing opportunities.

Author: desertdaveataol Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 11822 of 19661
Subject: Re: CABLE NEWS RACE Date: 10/6/2012 1:26 PM
are you trying to say that a little over 4 million folks are stupid?

Or that the ones who Don't watch FOXNews are biased hate filled clingers.

Take your pick.

Desert (enjoys the DAILY SHOW & COLBERT REPORT) Dave

Author: desertdaveataol Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 11823 of 19661
Subject: Re: CABLE NEWS RACE Date: 10/6/2012 1:30 PM
The recurring CABLE NEWS RACE segment offers unlimited riffing opportunities.

riff
riff (rîf) noun
1.Music. A short rhythmic phrase, especially one that is repeated in improvisation.
2.Rapid, clever, often rhythmic speech, as by a disc jockey: "Those little riffs that had seemed to have such sparkle over drinks by the . . . pool look all too embarrassing in cold print" (John Richardson).

verb, intransitive
riffed, riffing, riffs
Music.
To play riffs.

[Origin unknown.]

Excerpted from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Third Edition © 1996 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Electronic version licensed from INSO Corporation; further reproduction and distribution in accordance with the Copyright Law of the United States. All rights reserved.

Author: paralwaysgood Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 11828 of 19661
Subject: Re: CABLE NEWS RACE Date: 10/6/2012 3:23 PM
Recommendations: 0
I reviewed the five previous entries to this thread, and have determined that despite early recommendation stats, mine is the funniest, followed closely by the definition of riff.

Author: bjchip Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 11829 of 19661
Subject: Re: CABLE NEWS RACE Date: 10/7/2012 1:47 AM
Recommendations: 2
Given that 95% of what Fox reports about Climate Science is misleading fiction, one has to draw the conclusion that it isn't a News channel, it is an Entertainment channel, and not to be confused with a source of actual information.

:-)

Author: desertdaveataol Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 11830 of 19661
Subject: Re: CABLE NEWS RACE Date: 10/7/2012 9:31 AM
...and not to be confused with a source of actual information.

Biased uninformed opinion that. Actually FOXNews covers 95% (or more) of the same news that the biased CNN etc. covers. Difference being FOXNews has a different take on the news which you think you wouldn't like if you ever watched FOXNews which, of course you don't.

The reason y'all get so upset when I post the ratings is that they show more and more people are tuning in to FOXNews when they want real information instead of prepackaged liberal propaganda.

----------
"Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box."

Author: desertdaveataol Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 11831 of 19661
Subject: Re: CABLE NEWS RACE Date: 10/7/2012 11:45 AM
Oops! Forgot to add the smiley face: ;-)

Author: bjchip Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 11833 of 19661
Subject: Re: CABLE NEWS RACE Date: 10/7/2012 8:17 PM
Recommendations: 2
Biased uninformed opinion that

Yeah - except that I spoke specifically about Climate Science

...and the source of that statistic isn't me--- I should have said 93% though... to be precise. Rounding isn't really needed.

http://www.ucsusa.org/global_warming/science_and_impacts/glo...

I repeat - it isn't a valid source of news. It is a nice way for you to entertain yourself DD, but it isn't accurate about this topic and I have to doubt that it is a lot better on any other. One might expect Fox to be more accurate with respect to government corruption and the fraud being perpetrated by Wall Street, but I don't really need them to tell me what I already know about those things.

You may have noticed that I agree with you a lot more often in those areas than on climate science. It may be that science is a weak spot for Fox and the rest isn't all that bad. I don't have stats on "the rest".

I am not upset about you posting them. They remind me of one of the clearest reasons I left the USA.

"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be."
-- Thomas Jefferson

The illusion of freedom provided to you by your puppetmasters is what you get from Fox. I suggest that you need to look harder at who is actually being deceived. It might be better for you to be more suspicious of your sources.

Author: desertdaveataol Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 11835 of 19661
Subject: Re: CABLE NEWS RACE Date: 10/8/2012 1:11 AM
I repeat - it isn't a valid source of news.

Biased uninformed opinion that.

Since you won't watch FOXNews here's David Letterman making my point:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WK7vB-6QfhE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ed1Eug2Jh4Y

Did you notice the DL evasions?

Author: bjchip Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 11836 of 19661
Subject: Re: CABLE NEWS RACE Date: 10/8/2012 2:30 AM
A: I don't watch Letterman either
B: He doesn't pretend that he's doing "news"
C: I don't think you can regard the union of concerned scientists as "uninformed".

Dave... Fox is not, with respect to climate science, a valid source of information... and neither is the Wall Street Journal.

They might be more useful about other things. I expect them to be more useful.

ciao
BJ

Author: desertdaveataol Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 11837 of 19661
Subject: Re: CABLE NEWS RACE Date: 10/8/2012 3:25 AM
Your opinions about FOXNews and the Wall Street Journal are just that, opinions.

Author: desertdaveataol Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 11838 of 19661
Subject: Re: CABLE NEWS RACE Date: 10/8/2012 8:10 AM
Oh, and here's a quote and a smiley face ;-)

O'Reilly: Fox "is making a billion dollars a year, so something's going right."

Stewart: "Yes, you can't make money selling crap in America."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/tv/2012/10/06/jon-stewart...

Author: rubberthinking Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 11912 of 19661
Subject: Re: CABLE NEWS RACE Date: 10/14/2012 1:27 AM
Ddave,

Stewart meant every word of what he said.....

Dave

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (15) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement