No. of Recommendations: 0
CABob is right. You need to find an independent financial advisor who charges a fee for advice. If you go to a full-service broker, they'll tell you where the door is when they find out you have no intention of opening an account with them. Since brokers only make money on commissions, they are only interested in working with people who will give them money to invest.
Print the post  


When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.