No. of Recommendations: 0
calabria wrote:
<<Do you guys know of a way to pay commissions for trades within an IRA from another source? I'd like to pay the fees with unsheltered $$. Is it a federal restricion that ira commissions come out of the ira
$$ ?? Do they consider the commision a contribution?>>

This question comes up often in both this folder and in the Tax Strategies folder. The answer from all of the resident experts is: you pay your commissions from within the IRA; there is no way to pay the commissions from outside the IRA. Any additional monies added to the IRA would count as a contribution (and yes, it is part of the law).
Print the post  


The Retire Early Home Page
Discussion on accelerating retirement day.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.