Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: labadie Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 121569  
Subject: Calculating future payroll deductions Date: 9/2/2000 3:24 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
In a couple of months, I will be getting a significant raise. For financial planning purposes, I'd like to know what the increase in my net pay (i.e. my paycheck) will be. Is there a way to figure this out? If possible, I'd like to do two calculations: 1) assuming that my withholding allowances remain the same; and 2) assuming that I reduce my allowances by 1. I've checked both the Fool and the IRS website, but haven't found any guidance. Thanks in advance for any help.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: euphoriant Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 39470 of 121569
Subject: Re: Calculating future payroll deductions Date: 9/2/2000 4:30 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
It sounds to me like you need Circular E. You can download this from the IRS website. It will have the information you need to do your calculations.

e

Author: TMFExRO Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 39472 of 121569
Subject: Re: Calculating future payroll deductions Date: 9/2/2000 4:34 PM
Circular E is also known as Publication 15. A faster route would be your payroll office, but if they don't know or that's not practical, you can find the withholding schedules in Circular E. If you have a state income tax, check your state's site for its instructions.

TMF ExRO
Phil Marti

Author: donk23 Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 39479 of 121569
Subject: Re: Calculating future payroll deductions Date: 9/2/2000 8:49 PM
For precise planning, get Publication 15, Circular E (Employer's Tax Guide). It contains the withholding tables for various payroll frequencies plus a formula for calculating withholding. That publication is available here: http://ftp.fedworld.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p15.pdf.

You'll also need to contact your state's tax department (if your state has an income tax) and get the information about that withholding.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement