UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: nml Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 65379  
Subject: Calendar Alerts Date: 12/13/2012 2:47 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Hey All.... may be a dumb question, but....

Is there anyway to adjust the Alert/Alarm times for Calendar events....I would occasionally like to have an Alert 3-18 hours before an event, but default only gives me the choices of 5, 15, 30 minutes or 1-2 hrs or 1-2 days...same thing with the 'Second Alert'..

TIA

Mick

(Using 10.6 on iMac synched with iPad/iphone by WiFi--if it matters...)
Print the post Back To Top
Author: FlyingDiver Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 61670 of 65379
Subject: Re: Calendar Alerts Date: 12/13/2012 3:24 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
I don't know about using the Apple Calendar app, but BusyCal will give you a lot of control over the alarms you want.

Author: TwoCybers Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 61673 of 65379
Subject: Re: Calendar Alerts Date: 12/13/2012 9:30 PM
Recommendations: 2
I upgraded to Lion when it first came out, so my memory of 10.6 is old, but I don't recall there being a problem. Have you tried to highlife say the 30 of 3o minutes and change it to 25 or 250?

While it may not be possible to change an existing alert, you can create a second alert at the desired time and "edit" the existing one out of existence.

Gordon
Atlanta

Author: spinning Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 61676 of 65379
Subject: Re: Calendar Alerts Date: 12/14/2012 10:15 AM
Recommendations: 0
You can edit the times to anything you want.

Author: 0x6a74 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 61716 of 65379
Subject: Re: Calendar Alerts Date: 12/18/2012 3:42 AM
Recommendations: 1
You can edit the times to anything you want.

in iCal ... you can set to a given time and date,
and/or any number of minutes hours or days before
or after the event

much more limited on the iOS side

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement