Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
I know IRS has a "safe harbor" for not withholding enough - that if you have withheld an amount that's at least 100% of last year's taxes (or 110% if above $150K)

I'm trying to figure out if CA has the same rule - or something similar.

I have already passed 2013's taxes in my withholding.
And I want to withhold as little as possible beyond what I've already paid in. (I'd rather it stay in my account and I'll write them a check in April)

Anyone know what the CA equivalent is of IRS's Pub 17?
Or know where the right place is to look on CA's FTB website?

Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.