UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: Dralan101 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 266117  
Subject: Call Options Fees Date: 11/14/2012 9:51 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
What are the costs (fees & other expenses) to buy a Call on Apple to expire in February 2013?
Thanks in advance.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: philippalmer Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 259639 of 266117
Subject: Re: Call Options Fees Date: 11/14/2012 11:03 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Dralan,

This all depends on what your broker charges you for commission and fees. You will usually pay the normal trade commission: $5-$10 and then pay an additional amount per contract purchased. For example, in my case I pay $5.95 per trade and .75 cents for each contract purchased. This applies whether I buy to open or sell to open.
Each broker will vary but the above will be about the same across all the low-cost brokers.
The actual cost of the option will also vary on what strike you decide to purchase. A Feb $600 strike has a bid/ask of $15-$15.20. Shooting for the middle, you will pay about $1510, plus the commission for 1 call contract.
Hope this helps.
Foolishly,
Phil

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement