No. of Recommendations: 0
Call that credit card company and say, "I am going to be in Panama. Note in advance that I authorize hotel, food, in-country transit, etc." Chase keys this right into the account so that when they run the outliers software, I don't get pinched when I am out looking for some obscure coffee bean on a plantation that interests me. Our daughter has the account number to cancel if lost/stolen.

We lived on St. Croix for about 8 years with mainland credit cards. More than once when grocery shopping, my credit provider insisted on talking to me before approving the charge. "Mam, we felt this to be unusual activity and wanted to ask you your security questions before continuing...." Hello! Can you look at the billing address! These were charges I made on a weekly basis. Security is great, but brains are too.

IP

Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement