Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (44) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: catdaddy1 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 44390  
Subject: Calling all Fools Date: 8/15/2000 7:45 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
We're thinking of putting together a midwest Fools gathering somewhere near St. Louis. Anyone out there interested in getting together for some brews, BBQ, whatever we decide to do? Give a yell and we'll set something up. So far I know aroach, LK, B*mann, and coxam are in the area. Anyone else that may be here or may soon be coming here, let us know and we'll go out for some fun.

catdaddy
Print the post Back To Top
Author: eeegad Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9174 of 44390
Subject: Re: Calling all Fools Date: 8/15/2000 10:11 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
We're thinking of putting together a Midwest Fools gathering somewhere near St. Louis

I'm a Midwest Fool residing in the St. Louis area. I might be up for a little Foolish Q and brew.

By-the-way catdaddy1, you will be able to tell the real Midwesterners from the fakes by whether they know what a pork steak is or not. I think pork steaks are a St. Louis thing. The rest of the word doesn't know what they're missing.

eeegad!
who looks pretty cool in her new Fool Cap.

Author: TheBMann Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9176 of 44390
Subject: Re: Calling all Fools Date: 8/15/2000 10:22 PM
Oooooh...

She's a golfer, too.

If I could, I think I'd be in love.... :-)

B*Mann
knows what a pork steak is since 1902

Author: catdaddy1 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9177 of 44390
Subject: Re: Calling all Fools Date: 8/15/2000 10:33 PM
She's a golfer, too.

Did you read her interview? She likes golf, doesn't necessarily make her a golfer.

Some guy at work was discussing handicaps with me on Monday. He had a 4. I said I had a 16. He said that wasn't too bad until I told him that was 16 for 9 holes... I like to play anyway...

catdaddy

Author: eeegad Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9178 of 44390
Subject: Re: Calling all Fools Date: 8/15/2000 10:55 PM
She's a golfer, too.

A golf addict to be exact.

Not a good golfer mind you. Just someone who continually tortures herself by swinging a stick at a little ball in a big open field in the boiling hot St. Louis heat and humidity for a rotten score and thinks she is having fun.

eeegad!
a Fool and her clubs hit the course

Author: TheBMann Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9179 of 44390
Subject: Re: Calling all Fools Date: 8/15/2000 10:55 PM
OK... then here's the deal...

We'll make a day of it... golf for the Fools interested then we'll eat some BBQ and enjoy some cold bevvies and great company.

B*Mann
loving golf since, like, forever

PS: she just posted on the Foolish Golf Tips board, PLUS she's a high-falootin' member of the St. Louis Business Women's Golf Association... I'm betting she's a golfer... :-)

PPS: And, NO! I am not stalking her, despite my confession in the previous post.

Author: aroach Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9180 of 44390
Subject: Re: Calling all Fools Date: 8/15/2000 11:00 PM
We have pork steaks here too. Springfield, Mo. Aren't they great? LK doesn't like them so he must not be a true Mid-Westerner.

Author: aroach Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9181 of 44390
Subject: Re: Calling all Fools Date: 8/15/2000 11:03 PM
I only know how to play miniature golf and I suck at that.

Will you guys be wearing funny pants?

Author: eeegad Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9183 of 44390
Subject: Re: Calling all Fools Date: 8/15/2000 11:07 PM
PLUS she's a high-falootin' member of the St. Louis Business Women's Golf Association... I'm betting she's a golfer... :-)

LOL...high-falootin'? Well, I don't know about that... :-) But, I am a high handicapper.

eeegad!
Who's first addiction is golf and who's second addiction is these boards

Author: catdaddy1 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9184 of 44390
Subject: Re: Calling all Fools Date: 8/15/2000 11:14 PM
B,
We'll make a day of it... golf for the Fools interested then we'll eat some BBQ and enjoy some cold bevvies and great company.
Now that sounds like a plan. Just don't expect low scores from me. I'm lucky if I par a hole.

A,
Only if you want me to, but I'll definately be wearing ugly shoes. Plus you'd have to come golfing to find out. I suck too so that's not a good excuse.

B,
high-falootin'
If that's not midwestern, I don't know what is...

catdaddy

Author: eeegad Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9185 of 44390
Subject: Re: Calling all Fools Date: 8/15/2000 11:15 PM
We have pork steaks here too. Springfield, Mo. Aren't they great?

Yes in deed they are! I have a couple of Fools coming to visit from Vermont over Labor Day and when I told them we would cook some pork steaks on the grill they just got that confused, vacant eye look. So, had to explain what they were. Now they are looking forward to giving them a try.

eeegad!
proud to live in the "fly-overs"

Author: channelcat Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9186 of 44390
Subject: Re: Calling all Fools Date: 8/16/2000 1:08 AM
Hi guys,

Here is another St. Louis Fool that loves pork steaks. I don't know diddley about golf though. I will keep an eye out to find out what is going on.

Tammy

Author: TheBMann Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9189 of 44390
Subject: Re: Calling all Fools Date: 8/16/2000 7:23 AM
Hey CD...

let's see... there's "high falootin", "slick ice", "ink pen", "farty four" (as in Highway 44).... anything else?

Have you noticed, though, the male to femaile ratio of MidWestern Fools that's shaping up? :-) Bodes well for us, methinks. Plus, it's probably a sure way to get yef to fly out here!

B*Golfer
~11 handicap but thinks golf is also a good reason to drink a lot

PS: Whadya think about Ramone's in C-Ville as a potential spot? Great Mexican food and good margueritas? Or do we need to have it to St. Lou?

Author: TMFRavynous Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9194 of 44390
Subject: Re: Calling all Fools Date: 8/16/2000 10:30 AM

Real golfers always wear funny pants.

Rav
Who is not sports oriented.

Author: TheBMann Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9195 of 44390
Subject: Re: Calling all Fools Date: 8/16/2000 10:41 AM
Recommendations: 2
Au contraire...

Real golfers wear NO pants.

B*Mann
thinking Rav will start orienting to golf now

Author: TMFRavynous Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9197 of 44390
Subject: Re: Calling all Fools Date: 8/16/2000 10:54 AM
I told them we would cook some pork steaks on the grill they just got that confused, vacant eye look. So, had to explain what they were.

I'll bite, what the heck is it?

Rav
cathead biscuits w/ redeye gravy anyone?

Author: tori26 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9201 of 44390
Subject: Re: Calling all Fools Date: 8/16/2000 11:12 AM
Recommendations: 1
THANK YOU RAV!

I told them we would cook some pork steaks on the grill they just got that confused, vacant eye look.
So, had to explain what they were.

Rav
cathead biscuits w/ redeye gravy anyone?

This was MY question when I was first told this was what I was going to be served when I went to St. Louis!

Linda

Author: TMFRavynous Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9206 of 44390
Subject: Re: Calling all Fools Date: 8/16/2000 11:30 AM
Real golfers wear NO pants.

B*Mann
thinking Rav will start orienting to golf now

Give me the date, I'll be there. Wooooffffff

Rav
Always rising to bait.

Author: jsolodar Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9214 of 44390
Subject: Re: Calling all Fools Date: 8/16/2000 12:53 PM
Hmmm, when are y'all thinking of having this get together? I'm a former St. Louisan now exiled to the East Coast, but I get back into town occasionally.

(And I'm stuck in a poor baseball town at that - Philly. Had to enjoy the last few seasons of McGwire et al vicariously. *sigh*)

Whadya think about Ramone's in C-Ville as a potential spot? Great Mexican food and good margueritas? Or do we need to have it to St. Lou?

Allow me to suggest Blueberry Hill in U City as another spot. Lots of good beers and a great place for darts and other bar games if you're into that kind of thing.

James ...

... at 2 posts and counting.

Author: eeegad Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9215 of 44390
Subject: Re: Calling all Fools Date: 8/16/2000 12:55 PM

Rav,
To truly understand the magic of the Pork Steak, you must first experience first had the perfectly Bar-B-Qued steak at the hands of a master. I assume from previous statements made here the catdaddy1 fits that bill. In order for this to happen, guess you will have to come to St. Louis and gather around the grill (preferably with beer in hand) and watch as the hot charcoal and sauce combine to create a mouth watering sensation.

In St. Louis, when people say come on over for Bar-B-Q, it is just understood that they mean pork steaks (and sometimes brats or ribs as a side). Go to the meat counter in the summer here and you willfind more pork steaks to choose from than beef steaks. Someone else will have to jump in here and tell you what part of the pig they cut up into steaks, don't know. All I know is that they are really great.

eeegad!
who is going to grill some for Linda who lives in Vermont and doesn't know what they are either.

Author: jsolodar Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9238 of 44390
Subject: Re: Calling all Fools Date: 8/16/2000 2:21 PM

Someone else will have to jump in here and tell you what part of the pig they cut up into steaks, don't know. All I know is that they are really great.

eeegad!

Do ya really want to know?

S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S

How shall I put this? As I understand it, it's the "backside". :-) Still good tasting though.

James ....

... the exiled St. Louisan
... three and counting up

Author: TheBMann Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9250 of 44390
Subject: Re: Calling all Fools Date: 8/16/2000 2:55 PM
How shall I put this? As I understand it, it's the "backside". :-) Still good tasting though. --James

Well, you know what they say...

Once you've had pig butt, you never go back!

B*Swine

Author: catdaddy1 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9280 of 44390
Subject: Re: Calling all Fools Date: 8/16/2000 6:06 PM
B,

.... anything else?
IMO's pizza, Grandpa's (well, it used to be grandpa's), "It's not the heat, it's the humidity", and The Landing. I actually don't know that there are too many STL sayings that aren't used elsewhere. I also don't know anyone that says "farty-far" when referring to I-44 but somehow people think that is common. I tend to hear things like "Warshington" or "Crik" (creek).

Have you noticed, though, the male to femaile ratio of MidWestern Fools that's shaping up?
I did notice that and I am a bit surprised by it for some reason (don't know why, maybe the STL Fool men are just too grumpy to go out).

Bodes well for us, methinks.
Remember your vows, my friend!

Plus, it's probably a sure way to get yef to fly out here!
That would be cool!

Whadya think about Ramone's in C-Ville as a potential spot?
Geez. I could almost walk there from my house...
Actually, I've never even been there but I know where it is and I've lived in this town for over 3 yrs. I'm all for C-ville, but since there are so many people from the city and parts west (remember, a and lk are in Springfield and Anna is in Columbia - if we can find her) that they'll probably want something more centrally located. If we do decide something on the east side, there are lots of golf courses that are easy to find so that is one plus. Besides, if folks are cool about it (no getting silly and trashing my place), I've got room to crash at my house for anyone that gets too pissed or tired to drive. (Bring your own sleeping bag because I never replaced the furniture after ex-gf moved out so all I have is my couch, loveseat that gets no love, and a futon - how bachelor can I get, right?) I have tons of floor space though.

We'll see what they say.

catdaddy

Author: catdaddy1 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9281 of 44390
Subject: Re: Calling all Fools Date: 8/16/2000 6:12 PM
Rav
Who is not sports oriented.

Golf is NOT a sport.

cd

Author: NeedAName Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9290 of 44390
Subject: Re: Calling all Fools Date: 8/16/2000 6:54 PM
(Bring your own sleeping bag because I never replaced the furniture after ex-gf moved out so all I have is my couch, loveseat that gets no love, and a futon - how bachelor can I get, right?)

Heh... I think I had you beat up until a week ago. My living room contained a fish tank, a rowing machine, an inflatable chair and ottoman, two beanbags and some throw pillows. Plus the TV, etc, of course. The "dining room" table had two camping-type folding chairs, and nothing else. I just got a hand-me-down couch from a friend's parents, so now the place actually looks inhabited.

-Scott

Author: TheBMann Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9306 of 44390
Subject: Re: Calling all Fools Date: 8/16/2000 9:22 PM
I also don't know anyone that
says "farty-far" when referring to I-44 but somehow people think that is common. -- catdaddy

Do you work with those dopes from St. Louis for any extended length of time? They ALL say "farty for." I think it's genetic or something.

<if that doesn't smoke out some St. Louis lurkers, I don't know what will>

You like Imo's? I LOVE Imo's!!!! The Square Beyond Compare! Probably even better than a pork steak.

Hey -- didja notice? I think Jedi is waffling a bit! Seems the idea of getting a piece of pork a** has her intrigued.. :-)

Yes, I also thought that Ramone's might not be the best place, all things considered. Blueberry Hill was suggested, but that's still a pretty long drive from Springfield and Columbia. I don't know of any halfway points between Columbia and St. Louis. Anyone else with suggestions? A GREAT place to go would be Fast Eddie's Bon Air in Alton -- cold beer, great atmosphere, lots and lots of good, CHEAP food... but that's still 15 miles further north of me. But it is a great place.

BTW: I also have some extra room. Lots of extra room if we wait until the weather is a little cooler. As I said, I have a very large sceened in porch on the back o' the house (No AC -- still pretty warm at night back there), with three couches which would make very good "crash sites" is anyone is so inclined. (Might have to share one with the dog, however.)

I like this. Fools. Beer. Golf. Beer. BBQ. Beer. Sleeping with the dog. Beer. Hangover. Bs & G. Tequila.

Sounds like a trip down collegiate "Memory Lane"...

B*Mann

Author: catdaddy1 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9307 of 44390
Subject: Re: Calling all Fools Date: 8/16/2000 10:01 PM
They ALL say "farty for." I think it's genetic or something.

Never worked in the city. I didn't want to deal with traffic. Actually, I delivered stuff there for a while but my company was based on the east side. I grew up here and I don't say that. Maybe it's because I'm an Illinoisan?

a piece of pork a**
I find that a bit intruiging when you put it that way... :)

Fast Eddie's Bon Air in Alton
OOOOOHH. Fat-Eddie's. That's a great place. I should have listed that in my response to fav taverns. Problem is that they are jam packed on weekends. Nothing like Elwood-on-a-stick for $1.50.

Fools. Beer. Golf. Beer. BBQ. Beer. Sleeping with the dog. Beer. Hangover. Bs & G. Tequila.
Spoken like a true midwesterner (except the to-kill-ya part)

How about this:
Golf at Forest Park's course (for those interested) - for those not golfing, the zoo and the art museum are right there. Then BBQ in the park or at my or B*mann's house. If not BBQ, we could hit Caleco's near SLU (good food). Then hit a pub and hang out. Then anyone needing a place can crash at B's or my pad and we'll get Bs and G in the morning.

Who's game?
catdaddy

Author: TheBMann Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9308 of 44390
Subject: Re: Calling all Fools Date: 8/16/2000 10:23 PM
that sounds like a great idea, cd...

plus, the science center is just a mile away from Forest Park... there's also lots of bike trails and stuff..

I've never played Forest Park's course, so that's a good one for me! I can also vouch for the food at Caleco's.

I guess all we need now is volunteers...

Jedi??????

B*Coaxing

Author: cosmos284 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9332 of 44390
Subject: Re: Calling all Fools Date: 8/17/2000 11:13 AM
What's the difference between a pork chop and a pork steak? And when you say BBQ, do you mean grilling outdoors over charcoal or the tomato based sauce?

Cosmos

Author: TMFJedi Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9337 of 44390
Subject: Re: Calling all Fools Date: 8/17/2000 11:23 AM

Hey -- didja notice? I think Jedi is waffling a bit! Seems the idea of getting a piece of pork a** has her intrigued.. :-)

Gonna take more than that to get me to STL. :-)

Kaiti

Author: Moonbucks Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9348 of 44390
Subject: Re: Calling all Fools Date: 8/17/2000 12:09 PM
And when you say BBQ, do you mean grilling
outdoors over charcoal or the tomato based sauce?

Say what?

Moon- who prefers a very spicy, molasses and vinegar-based sauce on her slow-grilled pork ribs and butt.

Author: TheBMann Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9352 of 44390
Subject: Re: Calling all Fools Date: 8/17/2000 12:30 PM
And when you say BBQ, do you mean grilling
outdoors over charcoal or the tomato based sauce?

Actually, the correct answer to this is:

Yes.

Both.

Over charcoal, slathered with your favorite tomato-based sauce. That's the traditonal Mid-Western style, though I do favor MoonBucks' version more than occasionally.

Of course, that's lots of ways to Q... but that's the most popular.

Difference between chops and steaks? Well, I didn't know ... so I went to: http://www.freshpork.com
(or course)..

and, Dang! pork steaks don't come from the hog's butt (that's ham) but come from the shoulder butt (the upper shoulder).. what we refer to most commonly as the "pork steak" is actually called a "pork blade steak." Pork chops come from the cut on the pig called the "loin," which is actually the upper back of the pig. Pork steaks can, however, also be made from the loin cut.

Does that help? :-)

Preparation difference: it's blasphemous to eat a pork steak that's not slathered in BBQ sauce, while pork chops aren't nearly as good barbequed as they are if prepared differently. Go figger!

Bon Appetite.

B*Chef

Author: eeegad Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9364 of 44390
Subject: Re: Calling all Fools Date: 8/17/2000 2:35 PM
What's the difference between a pork chop and a pork steak?

A pork steak is cut from the butt and is larger than a pork chop which comes from the rib/loin area. The pork steak is darker meat and has more marbling. By BBQ, I mean grilled outdoors over charcoal usually sopped with someone's special tomato based sauce. However, they are quite tasty marinated and grilled without sauce. Many BBQ gurus marinate them overnight in beer. Yummy!

If you think pork steaks are a strange St. Louis tradition, wait until you hear about mostaccioli (south St. Louis spelling) and weddings.

eeegad!
who is toasting her ravioli

Author: Ascaris Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9366 of 44390
Subject: Re: Calling all Fools Date: 8/17/2000 2:42 PM
<What's the difference between a pork chop and a pork steak? >

A pork chop is something that should have been made into Canadian bacon if they'd had any sense.

Ascaris

Author: eeegad Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9412 of 44390
Subject: Re: Calling all Fools Date: 8/18/2000 8:04 AM
A pork chop is something that should have been made into Canadian bacon if they'd had any sense.

Ascaris,
LOL...Just got up after a sleepless night of thunder storms and read this. Thanks for getting my day started with a good laugh.

eeegad!

Author: Ascaris Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9420 of 44390
Subject: Re: Calling all Fools Date: 8/18/2000 12:00 PM
<A pork chop is something that should have been made into Canadian bacon if they'd had any sense.

Ascaris,
LOL...Just got up after a sleepless night of thunder storms and read this. Thanks for getting my day started with a good laugh.>

Happy to oblige.

Of course it is true also. Back when we used to raise pigs the butcher would always ask if we wanted that cut as pork chops or Canadian bacon. I always looked at him as if he had a screw loose and he'd sheepishly reply "I gotta ask"

Add to my loves - there is nothing as good a home grown and cured bacon and ham.

Ascaris

Author: TheBMann Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9422 of 44390
Subject: Re: Calling all Fools Date: 8/18/2000 12:07 PM
Add to my loves - there is nothing as good a home grown and cured bacon and ham. --Ascaris

Wanna hear somethin' funny? My wife tried home-grown and cured bacon (my brother-in-law is from a farming family) and didn't like it...

The reason? It didn't taste like "real" bacon!

City Folks!

B*Mann

Author: Ascaris Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9424 of 44390
Subject: Re: Calling all Fools Date: 8/18/2000 12:12 PM
<Wanna hear somethin' funny? My wife tried home-grown and cured bacon (my brother-in-law is from a farming family) and didn't like it...>

And she probably didn't like the ham because it didn't have the proper essence of watery rubber sponge that is was supposed to have.

Ascaris

Author: TMFRavynous Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9436 of 44390
Subject: Re: Calling all Fools Date: 8/18/2000 6:15 PM
Golf is NOT a sport.

cd

I don't call playing with long hard things and balls a sport either, more like ummm. . . .heaven, depending on the cart. . .

Rav

Author: TMFRavynous Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9437 of 44390
Subject: Re: Calling all Fools Date: 8/18/2000 6:22 PM
My living room contained a fish tank, a

What kinda fish do you keep?

Rav
Has kept well planted and well filled tanks for ages.

PS gets brownie points for not taking the "fish" angle.

Author: kathcolo Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9439 of 44390
Subject: Re: Calling all Fools Date: 8/18/2000 6:26 PM
>>I don't call playing with long hard things and balls a sport either, more like ummm. . . .heaven, depending on the cart. . .

Rav<<

I have got a 9:00AM tee time Sunday. Boy am I gonna enjoy golf even more with THAT visual stuck in my brain

Kath
Breaking a sweat before the first tee off!!

Author: eeegad Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9443 of 44390
Subject: Re: Calling all Fools Date: 8/18/2000 7:09 PM
there is nothing as good a home grown and cured bacon and ham.

Guess I'll have to take your word on this one since it is unlikely I will ever have opportunity to raise a pig and take it to market.

However, I do live on an old pig farm...... though all that is raised here now are deer, turkey, ground hogs, squirrels, rabbits and an occasional fox.

eeegad!
who was kind enough in her reply not to make an odor remark :-)

Author: coxam Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9517 of 44390
Subject: Re: Calling all Fools Date: 8/21/2000 5:39 PM

I'd love a meeting in St. L! We can show those durn easterners what a REAL party is like. Catdaddy can be the judge.

Anna
(everyone else, let's get together some bribes for catdaddy)

Author: Burgshous Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9519 of 44390
Subject: Re: Calling all Fools Date: 8/21/2000 5:52 PM
We can show those durn easterners what a REAL party is like

everyone else, let's get together some bribes for catdaddy

Bribes for catdaddy? You should be pitching in on a plane ticket for Rav. He'll teach you how to party.

Mike

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (44) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement