UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (66) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: AngelMay Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 59799  
Subject: Re: Timeshares Date: 2/13/2007 9:23 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Came across this new board while thumbing through the 'Best of...' as I do almost daily. My congrats to the originator.....I like the idea and what I have read here so far. I hope that this will be a place where retirees present and soon-to-be can exchange information without a lot of partisan political baggage. I appreciate that I can generate a lot of the latter without breathing hard, but I will try to reserve that for PA. I see that a lot of old friends are already posting here.

I have followed the time-share and RV conversation with great interest. I have never really considered purchasing a time-share. I think that there are plenty of reasonable 2-4 week rentals in various places to keep me interested for a very long time. Seems more cost effective to me. Then again, I have a fairly short attention span.

Of all the continents in the world that I have seen the least of, my own United States tops the list. Most everywhere in the US I've been, I've enjoyed. When Deb and I have a couple of weeks to spare (granted infrequently), it has been our practice to buy a plane ticket to somewhere we haven't been, rent a car and head off into the wild blue yonder. We have never failed to have great vacations utilizing this method. As a matter of fact, it is a favored way of seeing most anywhere in the world.

Anyways, I've always wanted to buy a land-yacht and to go cruising the blue highways of my native land for months on end. This, however, does not much appeal to the Little Woman. Her take on the whole matter is as follows: 'You can buy an RV if you want, but you know how it pisses you off to be stuck behind one of those 'geezer morons' on a winding two-lane road..... You can have an RV if you want, and I'll even agree to travel with you in this harebrained manner as long as we can stay in a nice clean motel every night'. !

My sainted mother might have thought more or less the same way.

Jimbpo

Hey Jimbo!
Very glad to see you here!

AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (66) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Nu Skin Showing its Age?
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement