Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: LuckyDog2002 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 21886  
Subject: camera for trip Date: 10/3/2006 10:06 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Hi y'all,

I own a point and shoot Minolta film camera, plus a digital Canon EOS Rebel XT.

I'm headed to Italy for 10 days next month and we are extremely limited in the number of bags we can take, 1 checked bag plus a small carryon bag. The tour op has also warned us of thieves/pickpockets and scam artists there so for the two reasons I'm extremely reluctant to take the big honking Rebel XT.

Although the Minolta is limited in range, etc, it fits in my pants pocket. I wonder if anyone has any suggestions? i'm open to buying a small digital camera to take, concerned about battery run out and disks as I won't be able to take my laptop to download pic's.

Any suggestions for a handy camera to take on a trip are appreciated.

I'm going to crosspost on Travel board.

Thanks.
LuckyDog
Print the post Back To Top
Author: JustWhoIAm Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 10796 of 21886
Subject: Re: camera for trip Date: 10/3/2006 12:10 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
My carry-on is usually my camera bag. As carry-ons are go, it is small and an hold the extras that I need. I'd say take the Rebel.

Keith

Author: davekone Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 10797 of 21886
Subject: Re: camera for trip Date: 10/3/2006 2:23 PM
Recommendations: 1
Insure the camera via your home owners or renters policy for next to nothing. Take it, use common sense and have fun.

David

Author: eid Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 10799 of 21886
Subject: Re: camera for trip Date: 10/3/2006 4:57 PM
Hi Lucky Dog

I just returned from a trip to Hawaiian Islands with my Nikon D50 with
a 18-200 Sigma lens in Delsey bag that is just big enough to have a minimum of extras so if you followed this appraoch you should have no difficulty taking your digital Canon EOS Rebel XT. Why buy something else when you have a good camera just get a small bag and take a recharger for your battery in your luggage.

EID

Author: Grumpybiker Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 10823 of 21886
Subject: Re: camera for trip Date: 10/18/2006 11:34 AM
Basic digitals are also point and shoot cameras.
I have my 5.1 MP Samsung Digimax 500 in my pocket at all times. A couple of large capacity disks should ensure that you don't run out of "film!"
It is powered by 2 AA batteries, available in Italy as well, I am sure.

The photos from it are acceptable:
http://groups.msn.com/GrumpyPix/online.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=494

Enjoy your trip!

Grumpy

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement