UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: Eric77 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 75640  
Subject: Can a Roth conversion be a rollover? Date: 8/9/1999 1:56 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
My wife and I each have regular IRAs, which we have not been able to convert to a Roth because our AGI is above 100K. However, she is planning to quit her job at the end of the year, so we will be eligible to convert next year. We have not yet made our 1999 contributions, and I would like to get that money into a Roth right away. So what I would like to do is open Roth accounts now, and then convert our existing IRAs next year by rolling them over into the newly established Roths. Does anyone know whether this is allowed?
Print the post Back To Top
Author: TMFPixy Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 13003 of 75640
Subject: Re: Can a Roth conversion be a rollover? Date: 8/9/1999 2:09 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Eric77 asks:

<<My wife and I each have regular IRAs, which we have not been able to convert to a Roth because our AGI is above 100K. However, she is planning to quit her job at the end of the year, so we will be eligible to convert next year. We have not yet made our 1999 contributions, and I would like to get that money into a Roth right away. So what I would like to do is open Roth accounts now, and then convert our existing IRAs next year by rolling them over into the newly established Roths. Does anyone know whether this is allowed?>>

Yes, you may use an existing Roth IRA to receive monies transferred from a traditional IRA you desire to convert to a Roth IRA.

Regards..Pixy

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement