UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (11) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: FoolishMinstrel Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1856  
Subject: Re: Tissue Engineering Date: 9/26/2000 6:34 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 7
Can anyone add to this (short) list?

Hey Greg,

I recently bought the book From Alchemy to IPO by Cynthia Robbins-Roth (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0738202533/qid%3D970004623/102-3110790-5305719). I think you'll be doing a seminar with her in the near future. :-) In the chapter on tissue engineering, she lists all the companies, both public and private. Here is the list:

Acorda (Private) -- Growth factors, scar blockers, matrix for spinal cord

Advanced Tissue Sciences (ATIS) -- Matrix and growth factors for skin, cartilage, connective tissues. Market Cap (millions): $478

Cell Based Delivery (Private) -- Muscle cells engineered to deliver theraputic genes

CellMart (Private) -- Matrix and cell proliferation technology for pancreas

Circe Biomedical (Private) -- Cell replacement for liver

Cryolife (CRY) -- Heart valves (gotta love the ticker symbol!) Market Cap (millions): $406

Curis (CRIS) -- web site was a little vague. I didn't have time right now to dig deeper. Market Cap (millions): $714

Desmos (Private) -- Cell adhesion and proliferation for skin, connective tissues, pancreas

Diacrin (DCRN) -- Animal organs to replace pancreas and neurons, cell therapy. Market Cap (millions): $134

Encelle (Private) -- Animal organs to replace pancreas

Genzyme General Corp. (GENZ) -- Brain cell implants. Market Cap (millions): $5,735

Genzyme Tissue Repair (GZTR) -- Matrix and cell technology for cartilage, skin. Market Cap (millions): $142

Integra LifeSciences (IART) -- Matrix and cell technology for skin, tissue/bone/cartilage regeneration. Market Cap (millions): $192

Lifecell (LIFC) -- Engineering of animal tissues for heart, skin, connective tissue. Market Cap (millions): $64

Molecular Geodesics (Private) -- Biomimetrics for tissue engineering, bioimplants

MorphoGen Pharmaceuticals (Private) -- Stem cells, matrix, and growth factors for muscle

NeuralStem Biopharmaceuticals (Private) -- Brain stem cells (Note to Greg: these guys are located in College Park, MD, so they are within driving distance in case you want to go check them out--assuming you're still living in Arlington)

Organogenesis (ORG) -- Matrix and cell technology for skin, liver, connective tissue, blood vessels. Market Cap (millions): $482

Orquest (Private) -- Bone

Ortec International (ORTC) -- skin engineering. Market Cap (millions): $80

Orthavita (Private) -- Spine tissue engineering, bone substitutes

Osiris Therapeutics (Private) -- Stem cells and growth factors for mesencymal cells (Note: these guys are in Baltimore, MD)

Osteotech (OSTE) -- Bone graft matrix and factors. Market Cap (millions): $186

Progenitor Cell Therapy LLC (Private) -- Blood stem cells

Proneuron Biotechnologies (Private) -- Spinal cord repair

ReGen Biologics (Private) -- Matrix and cell technology for cartilage

Reprogenesis (Private) -- Matrix and cell technology for connective tissue to rebuild organs

Spinal Concepts Inc./Selective Genetics Inc. (Private) -- Growth factors for bone delivered in a spinal fusion device

Stem Cells (STEM) -- Cell therapy in brain tissue. Market Cap (millions): $132

Titan Pharmaceuticals (TTP) -- Matrix and cell technology for brain. Market Cap (millions): $1,221

There you have it! By the way, I highly recommend the aforementioned book. I'm about a third of the way through it and I'm learning a lot. On with the research!

-David
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (11) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

The Deflationary Cycle Explained
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement