Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
Can I be so forward to say that you’re 74 not 94? Those going off to retirement homes have lost faculties that enabled them to live in their own homes so count your present wealth in all those things you can do.

Now I like this advice. Yes I do have a few medical problems, but I can still ride the tractor, walk the dogs, develop websites, do photo shoots and sell pics. The new TV is here. I got a 40" Samsung that has a swivel base (So I can sit in my lounge chair), an internet card so I can join Netflix and download movies. I think it also makes my breakfast. The old 200LB Sony VEGA Trinitron is moving to the porch, but I had to buy nice Sauder TV stand that matches my porch furniture and an EdanPure heater to keep warm in the cold weather. Tomorrow night, the GS/SIL/and daughters will help to move the big beast and set up the new TV.

I also pre-ordered the new Nikon 70-200VR11 lens. A big expense, but I can sell the older lens to help defray the cost. Photography is a big hobby with me and I spend a lot of $$ on it.

Birgit

I thought the line was ‘when I get old I will wear purple’ not go out and get a photo lens to drool over. I checked with a friend who’s into photography and he said you must really know your stuff. My cameras are PHD: Push Here Dummy. Some years ago I bought a new digital camera and, a few months after buying it, took it in for something or other and was told it was obsolete. Now I learn my 35mm SLR is not only completely passé but getting the film developed is hard to come by. What is this world coming to?

You will like the 40-in. Samsung. I’d suggest getting Joe Kane’s HD Video Essentials to calibrate it so it has the picture that you, as a visual person, have a picture meeting your standards. Out of the box color, contrast and sharpness are set too high and adjusting them can get you close to 35mm quality.

MichaelR
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement