UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: JoeVM Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 75384  
Subject: Can I fund a tax shetered retirement fund Date: 5/18/1998 10:41 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I am in my early 40's and have 100% of my income from
real estate investments. This has been the case for the last 6 years and I have not been funding any sort of retirement program since the nature of my income is not considered earned income (although I do work harder than most) Is there any way to invest for the future especially using the FF method in a way to take advantage of tax sheltering.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: TMFPixy Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3355 of 75384
Subject: Re: Can I fund a tax shetered retirement fund Date: 5/18/1998 2:07 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Greetings, JoeVM, and welcome.

<<I am in my early 40's and have 100% of my income from
real estate investments. This has been the case for the last 6 years and I have not been funding any sort of retirement program since the nature of my income is not considered earned income (although I do work harder than most) Is there any way to invest for the future especially using the FF method in a way to take advantage of tax sheltering.>>

If you have income from employment, then you can put up to $2K per year in a self-directed, deductible, traditional IRA. If you don't, then there is nothing elso available to you within which you can trade the FF on a tax-deferred basis.

Regards….Pixy

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement