No. of Recommendations: 0
Can I roll this over into another type of account our do I have to take the total distribution and pay taxes on it all at that time.


If you have left the employer you should be able to a trustee to trustee transfer to IRA.

If you are still employed I am not sure what your options may be, speak with someone in your HR department.

Depending on the employer 457 plans do have some peculiar distributions options and tax ramifications so my suggestion is to speak with a professional.

Wish I could help more.

Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.