Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
I cannot find the answer to this. Part of my wife's 401(k) is tapped in a fund that is unproductive at best. I'll spare the long story, but suffice it to say, it cannot be moved into another option.

She is still with the employer and making 401(k) contributions. My question is, can she remove the portion that is in the dog, and move it to a traditional IRA where the options are better?

Thanks all,

Print the post  


What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.