Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
Can you point out where you read that, because the advice is wrong. You need to document withdrawals on Form 8606 when they're from a Roth IRA, when there is basis involved or when the withdrawn amount is converted to a Roth IRA.

Thanks for setting me straight, Ira.

Here's one post where I saw this mentioned; I believe there was another one too, but I can't find it now.

Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.