No. of Recommendations: 1

Can you run Safari 2.0 with 10.3.9? I assumed that you would have to upgrade to 10.4.

I spoke with the person who repaired my Mac one time. His suggestion was not to upgrade either the system or Safari, but to "stay out of trouble" just download FoxFire. He says FoxFire has non of the issues with upgraded secure websites that older versions of Safari are having. Does anyone have any thoughts on this and/or FoxFire?

Good question. Since I always update to the latest OS, I do not know the answer. But here is how you can find out. Run your Updates. If Safari 2.04 comes up for download, yes. If it does not, no you cannot.

Most of us probably have Firefox installed. I do use it for certain things. Sometimes, I find a browser does not completely work in Safari (It was not coded for Safari), then I have to use Firefox. At least most sites are coded for Firefox now. In fact I deleted IE. In order to update Firefox, you have to go to their site and download and install the new update. Apple is doing the same with Safari, but they are providing the update via your Updates and installing it for you.

Birgit
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement