No. of Recommendations: 2
Can you still buy the pass on-line today, Sunday, for the lower price? I don't know.

Yes, you can buy it online today at http://store.usgs.gov .
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 1
Bought my pass today--thanks!!
No. of Recommendations: 1
I bought mine today. There were several others there doing the same thing. Thanks for the heads-up.

Sue
No. of Recommendations: 0
You're welcome. Even at the increased price, it is a good deal, but ....

PF
Bought my pass today--thanks!!

Did you ever receive it? I ordered mine on July 25th and still waiting. I did receive an order confirmation but have been twiddling my thumbs ever since.

In typical government fashion it appears they didn't gear up for the onslaught of orders.
I bought mine at the Recreational Equipment flagship store in Seattle. The Forest Service and Park Service staff a kiosk in the store that is open much of the time the store is open.

Unfortunately, the first time I made a special trip in, they were sold out. Apparently they have been sold out regularly, and REI even has an announcement on their main phone number telling whether they do or do not have passes in stock.

By using that feature, I was able to buy a pass on my second trip into the store.

However, my experience suggests that it is a good idea to phone ahead to find out if passes are in stock before making a trip in to buy.

Seattle Pioneer
Did you ever receive it? I ordered mine on July 25th and still waiting. I did receive an order confirmation but have been twiddling my thumbs ever since.

I'm also still waiting for pass to arrive in the mail. That's OK--I don't have any plans to use it in the near term.
We bought ours in Death Valley NP back in 2013 when you had to show up at a NP with cash on hand to buy a Senior Pass. There was none of this online ordering back in our day you whippersnapper.

Grizzled old PF
<< There was none of this online ordering back in our day you whippersnapper.>>

They zap you for an additional $10 proce4ssing fee if they mail it to you.

Seattle Pioneer
And oh! Monday is the LAST day to get the $10 pass.....

Seattle Pioneer
Seattle Pioneer said, " And oh! Monday is the LAST day to get the $10 pass....."

The way I read it, the price increase happens on Monday. Can you still buy the pass on-line today, Sunday, for the lower price? I don't know.

Sue
Can you still buy the pass on-line today, Sunday, for the lower price? I don't know.

Yes, you can buy it online today at http://store.usgs.gov .
Advertisement