Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: oroughy Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 580  
Subject: Can't catch a break Date: 4/14/2008 10:48 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Having sold my shares at 48 cents, I must say I am a wee bit peeved that the market has driven FRNT back up to .75 today so far. I just don't understand, and guess I am therefore doomed to experience this buy-high sell-low cycle. The company has declared bankruptcy and yet its shares climb more than 50% this morning. According to my dim perception of things, they should be at just slightly above zero, which is what has happened every other time I owned shares in a co that went BK (yes, sadly, there have been several). This is enough to drive me into CDs.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: dalefromvail One star, 50 posts CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 578 of 580
Subject: Re: Can't catch a break Date: 4/15/2008 9:59 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Oroughy,

The only reason I made any money on this was not putting in more than I was willing to lose...and pure LUCK. CDs are a sure loser in my book.

Dale

Author: Nuke68 One star, 50 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 580 of 580
Subject: Re: Can't catch a break Date: 4/20/2008 10:57 PM
Tough break on that Oroughy. Don't know what contributed to the bounce in the stock. Thought it may be people covering their shorts but I don't think the stock is eligible for "shorting" anymore (unless of course the Big Fish are allowed and the small guy's aren't). I wouldn't suggest CD's but playing the "bankruptcy" stocks aren't for the faint of heart.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement