Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
In 1948, when I was three, I was given a single share of T. With its splits I had 9 shares. I sold these recently under a oddlot scheme for $15.

As they were all splits from a girft stock, how to I calculate the captial gains tax on these. They would be all long term gains except for the three that I received in 1999.

I also had a proprotionate amount of LU stock that I have received as a "spin off" of T, which I similarly sold.

I cannot find historical prices (1959 & 1964) for anything other than the 1990s splist. However could T could advise on these if need be?

How best to calculate the capital gains on this please?

Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.