Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
this feels like a very basic, silly question, but here goes. bear with me.

I'm in a situation where i do not have to pay any income tax ( i live overseas and non of my income comes from nor is generated in the US)

I guess i am not exempt from capital gains tax, though, huh? (how i wish, but i'm hoping that you'll say i don't have to pay cap gains!!! :-) i can hope, can't i??

what about paying tax on interest earned?

any othere things that i don't know enough to ask about?

thanks for taking the time to help me on this one!

Kind Regards,
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.