Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0

I have a quick question about capital gains taxes and IRAS. If I have a mutual fund, (not an index), in an IRA, do I have to pay the yearly capital gains taxes? And if not yearly, do I have to pay them when I start withdrawing the money at the age I am able to. I know that if you have a Roth, you dont have to pay tax. So I guess my main concern is the capital gains taxes and do I pay them if I have the MF in an IRA.


Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.