Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
Pardon my lack of knowledge....but I was wondering how I go about figuring out my tax bracket for capital gains tax. The problem is I don't have an earned income as I resigned from my job earlier this year. So do I base the tax bracket on the amount I will receive by selling my stock??

Thanks for any information or points in the direction of where I can find it myself.

Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.