Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
Capital gains (losses) should present no problems. They only occur when you decide to sell a stock. In an IRA, they are non-taxible events. For example, say you decide you want to replace X stock with Y stock, you sell X stock and buy Y stock with the procedes.

Simply let your dividends accumulate in your MMF. At rebalance time for your RP4, sell the RP4 stocks, add in the dividend amount, and then buy your new RP4 stocks.
Print the post  


When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.