Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
i am single and have owned my home for 2 yrs. a very possible upcoming situation is this: my boyfriend buys a condo in the state where he lives this fall. we get married a year later. i sell my house and move to his state. what are the various ways that i can invest any profit from selling my house and avoid the capital gains tax? what about using the profit toward my student loans, which are substantial?
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.