Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
About 6 years ago, I invested in a small company. Unfortunately, the company went bankrupt after about a year.
Can I claim this as a capital lose this year? The stock still appears on my monthly statement(current price = n/a) and it has never appeared on the 1099 forms I recieve from my broker. Because the loss doesn't appear on my 1099 forms, I'm scared that the IRS will question it.
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.