Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
i bought 5 shares of SIFY(satyam infoway ) in Jan
for 55$ and sold 5 at 12$

i have a capital loss of 200$

I am not planning on repurchasing the stock.

How do i show the capital loss for tax benefit.?
do i get entire loss for benefit.

what if i had bought the stock in 1999 dec.and sold
in 2000 . Do i still get the capital loss..irrespective of the number of years between
buy and sell.
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.