Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: pambos 10+ Year Anniversary! Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 121351  
Subject: Capital Loss Carry Over? Date: 10/31/1999 10:53 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
==========
"If your overall capital loss is more than $3,000, the excess carries over to the next year. In other words, you treat the extra portion as if it were an additional capital loss in the following year."
==========

Exactly how do you carry-over capital loss? Does one has to declare it when he pays taxes? Is there a special section for carry-over loss? Or, does it carry-over automatically?

Can someone please clarify how one can carry over capital loss?

Thanks
Print the post Back To Top
Author: synchronicity Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 20287 of 121351
Subject: Re: Capital Loss Carry Over? Date: 10/31/1999 11:55 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Exactly how do you carry-over capital loss?...Is there a special section for carry-over loss? Or, does it carry-over automatically?

You calculate the carryover amount as part of filling out the schedule to report your capital gains.

-synchronicity

Author: RooCat Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 20297 of 121351
Subject: Re: Capital Loss Carry Over? Date: 11/1/1999 3:52 AM
There has already been an extensive discussion of this point.

http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?id=1040014006148006&sort=postdate

Author: RBOSCO Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 20305 of 121351
Subject: Re: Capital Loss Carry Over? Date: 11/1/1999 10:33 AM
Recommendations: 1
The Capital Loss carryforward is actually calculated on Form Schedule D(at the bottom of the form), which you file with your tax return.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement