Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: pambos Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 121061  
Subject: Capital Loss Carry Over? Date: 10/31/1999 10:53 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
==========
"If your overall capital loss is more than $3,000, the excess carries over to the next year. In other words, you treat the extra portion as if it were an additional capital loss in the following year."
==========

Exactly how do you carry-over capital loss? Does one has to declare it when he pays taxes? Is there a special section for carry-over loss? Or, does it carry-over automatically?

Can someone please clarify how one can carry over capital loss?

Thanks
Print the post Back To Top
Author: synchronicity Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 20287 of 121061
Subject: Re: Capital Loss Carry Over? Date: 10/31/1999 11:55 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Exactly how do you carry-over capital loss?...Is there a special section for carry-over loss? Or, does it carry-over automatically?

You calculate the carryover amount as part of filling out the schedule to report your capital gains.

-synchronicity

Author: RooCat Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 20297 of 121061
Subject: Re: Capital Loss Carry Over? Date: 11/1/1999 3:52 AM
There has already been an extensive discussion of this point.

http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?id=1040014006148006&sort=postdate

Author: RBOSCO Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 20305 of 121061
Subject: Re: Capital Loss Carry Over? Date: 11/1/1999 10:33 AM
Recommendations: 1
The Capital Loss carryforward is actually calculated on Form Schedule D(at the bottom of the form), which you file with your tax return.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement