UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: exeter17 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 308341  
Subject: CapOne info Date: 6/19/2003 5:46 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I got a 0% BT until JAN 2005 offer. They allow 3 creditors (I think that's all I can do - not a major issue). They will not give me cash money, but as they have no BT fee I would like to bump over som of my Student Loans to them.

The form says list them in the order of preference - and I am thinking of rolling 3K ATT (its a BT I took and expires in Sept) and 4K MBNA (4K I took in Feb) and 3K Student Loan (the amount I can reasonably expect to have by the payoff date.

Has anyone had good dealings/bad dealings with CapOne?

Ex17
Being very careful of the structuring.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: dtschet Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 162872 of 308341
Subject: Re: CapOne info Date: 6/20/2003 7:16 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 3
Hiya Ex17

Capital One has proven to be one of the most reliable of credit card financing.

At present, I know of no one with any problems that were not resolved quickly and to the customer's satisfaction.

For a bird's eye view of Capital One consumer issues, go to www.planetfeedback.com.

Be sure to speak to a rep to clarify any questions you have if you decide to BT.

Best,

Donna

Author: VodounGroove Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 162883 of 308341
Subject: Re: CapOne info Date: 6/20/2003 10:58 AM
Recommendations: 1
I've had a MilesOne card from CapOne for some time, and have never had any problems with them.

Kaiti

Author: jenifair One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 162898 of 308341
Subject: Re: CapOne info Date: 6/20/2003 2:44 PM
I've had them for 3 to 4 years and never had any problems.

Jen

Author: Lucchetti One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 162908 of 308341
Subject: Re: CapOne info Date: 6/20/2003 4:18 PM
exeter17 wrote:
...and 3K Student Loan (the amount I can reasonably expect to have by the payoff date.

I don't know a lot about student loans, but I would think it would be better to defer the loan if you cannot currently pay it off, rather than transferring it to a credit card. (You can't defer credit card debt later if you have an emergency or life-change.)

--L

Author: exeter17 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 162970 of 308341
Subject: Re: CapOne info Date: 6/21/2003 12:32 PM
L -

I can pay the loan just fine. Its at 8% so shifting to 0% lets me free up that much more income to pay it down when its due.

Author: southwesternfool Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 162988 of 308341
Subject: Re: CapOne info Date: 6/21/2003 4:22 PM
Hi Exter,
I just received the same offer from Cap One and I am condering doing the same. I presently have 2 cards 0% until January 2004. It guess that it would be nice to extend that until 2005. I can pay them both off right now but am wondering it I could take out yet another credit card account (I have 10 credit accounts on my credit report as it is). As soon as all of the balances are zero I will be cancelling six of the accounts. Good Luck.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement