Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: RafesUserName Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 8093  
Subject: CAPS rating and charms next to my username? Date: 9/14/2006 3:42 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
It might be fun to have caps related charms and rating next to my username everywhere (such as at the top of this post), well perhaps the rating and even charms should be optional?

I'd like to show some pride. 3 months investing and I'm an All-Star and score leader (in a stock no one else rated LOL). =)

- Rafe
Print the post Back To Top
Author: sashamore Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2532 of 8093
Subject: Re: CAPS rating and charms next to my username? Date: 9/14/2006 11:20 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
awwgee rafe......MERCY!!!

have you no pity for those unfortunate fools who are closer to the
booby prize?? you think we want that to be advertised????

speaking of score leader: i was when my pick was VISN, but when it changed names to ID i think i lost my listing??? it says NA (obviously meaning not applicable) after 'score leader'. sob. :<

Author: TMFKnave Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2533 of 8093
Subject: Re: CAPS rating and charms next to my username? Date: 9/14/2006 11:23 AM
speaking of score leader: i was when my pick was VISN, but when it changed names to ID i think i lost my listing???

Thanks for that info, Sasha. We'll look into it.

Todd

Author: TMFKnave Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2534 of 8093
Subject: Re: CAPS rating and charms next to my username? Date: 9/14/2006 11:48 AM
Sasha,

I'm looking at ID, and from what it looks like TrackLehmanBros is slightly ahead of you for the score leader.

Todd

Author: sashamore Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2538 of 8093
Subject: Re: CAPS rating and charms next to my username? Date: 9/14/2006 12:21 PM
well todd, i guess i just dont get it.....before VISN became ID on
9/2 (i think) i WAS most definitely the leader-----so how does it work?
how come i lost out w. the name change?

y'know, it's not earthshattering, it's only a game, blah blah blah,
but i would dearly love to understand....did lehman bros come
in w a better pick at the NAME CHANGE?? ...which incidently caused the
date of my pick to change too?

sorry, i am, after all, just another fool who is breathlessly awaiting
your response. :~[

//sash

Author: TMFCHarris Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star SC1 Red Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2552 of 8093
Subject: Re: CAPS rating and charms next to my username? Date: 9/14/2006 2:14 PM
Recommendations: 1
sashamore,
The name change was on the second, but you kept the price you had locked in for VISN of $14.15. The Lehman Brothers picked ID on the fifth at a higher price, $14.24. While it would seem like you should be the score leader (after all, you bought at a lower price) score is not simply how much your pick has risen, but the amount it has risen over the S&P.

Your pick has gone up 4.45% vs. an S&P increase of 1.62%. The Lehman Brothers have gained 3.79% (less than your 4.45%) but the S&P has only gained .41% since they made their pick.

Thus, they are the score leaders because the S&P has risen more since you picked ID then it has since they picked ID.

Good luck with the rest of your picks,
Chris

Author: sashamore Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2555 of 8093
Subject: Re: CAPS rating and charms next to my username? Date: 9/14/2006 3:05 PM
well gee, chris,....all i can say is GRRRRR.
thanks anyway.

sasha.

Author: RafesUserName Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2562 of 8093
Subject: Re: CAPS rating and charms next to my username? Date: 9/14/2006 5:44 PM
That's why I offered that the rating number should be optional, but perhaps the rating is a bad idea outside CAPS.

Charms however, would be cool to see outside caps.

And how about an All-Star club, lol... I lost the status with a meek 1.5% increase today... Oh well there is always tomorrow!

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement