Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
My wife and I are relocating and need to sell our house. We've lived in it a little over a year and a half. If we sell it before two years, I understand we'll have to pay tax on the profit. We are trying to decide if we should just get it over with and pay the tax or keep our permanent residence in the house for another 5 months and commute to the new town. I'm trying to figure out what our cap. gains tax rate would be. I assume it has something to do with our income bracket. Is there an online resource that has all of this info. Trying to make an informed decision.


Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.