UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: TMFJazzysav Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Home Fool CAPS All Star Global Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 7921  
Subject: CAR Date: 4/13/2012 7:40 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
While taking my occasional amble through forthcoming IPOs at http://www.nasdaq.com/markets/ipos/ I noticed that "China's Leading Auto Rental Service Provider", China Auto Rental, are planning their IPO.

They claim to be: the largest car rental company in China, commanding a leading position in the industry as measured by fleet size, network coverage and number of customers, according to Roland Berger. We also command the largest market share in terms of revenue in China's car rental market

They say we are the first and only car rental company with a rental fleet of more than 10,000 vehicles in China's nascent but fast-growing car rental industry. Our fleet, comprising 25,845 vehicles covering most of the popular models in China, was as large as the aggregate fleet size of the next eight largest car rental companies and over three times that of the second largest car rental company in China as of December 31, 2011.

This is probably one to dig into. Any thoughts?

http://en.zuche.com/

Rgds,

Emmet
GG Home Fool
Print the post Back To Top
Author: absurd100 One star, 50 posts Global Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7903 of 7921
Subject: Re: CAR Date: 4/14/2012 8:15 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Haven't dug into this, but my guess is that elsewhere large car rental companies have a lot of competition, not much differentation and as a result, not very interesting companies to own. As an industry, reminds me of airlines.

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement