UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: Thundarr Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1260  
Subject: Car Question Date: 10/10/2001 3:22 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Anyone had experience after a BK7 discharge on getting a car. My lease is up and I can't get it extended because my bank no longer does leases. They won't let me buy it because of my credit. So I have to go and either buy or lease another car. I currently don't have the money for a big down payment...whats one to do? I make almost 6 figures and no longer have any "debt". My discharge was only a few months ago so I'm just getting back on my feet. Any suggestions on lending institutions that specialize in sub-prime credit? My car is part of my job so I just can't go and get an unreliable clunker with the distances I'm traveling, not to mention giving the right impression.

Print the post Back To Top
Author: dickeyb Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 957 of 1260
Subject: Re: Car Question Date: 10/12/2001 9:12 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Try Capital One. I recently financed a late model used car through them & I had a ch.7 discharged about 4 years ago, but currently have an open ch.13. Like you, I was able to show a relatively high current income, and only had to make a down payment of 10%. The purchase was through a dealer, so I don't know if that gave me any special consideration.

Within about a month of the purchase, I also got one of those "You're Approved" solicitaions for a VISA card. I responded & was approved within about 10 days. The terms aren't too bad for my situation, so that I can begin to reestablish credit: Unsecured, 17.9 APR, $35 annual fee, 30 day grace period with no interest (I'll pay my balance monthly!).

HTH

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement