Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (9) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread
Author: mys Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 86542  
Subject: Car Update Date: 9/10/1999 9:35 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Well, I drove into work this morning. In my car. So far it's running.

I had heard nothing from the repair shop or from AAA by about 1:30 yesterday afternoon, so I called the dealership. Got voicemail.

Called AAA. Got voicemail.

Waited till about 2:30 and called back the dealership. Got voicemail again so pushed the button for the receptionist and explained to her that I had not had my car for two days and really needed to know what its status was. She took a message and said she'd go find the service manager.

Then I called AAA again (about 3 PM) and got the nice lady who was handling this. She promised to call the dealership to find out what was up with the car and lo and behold! I got a phone call at 3:10. Car is ready to be picked up. No charge. What was wrong? Well, the receptionist didn't know (they had her call me to tell me the car was done).

SO went over to pick up the car, said nobody seemed to know where it was or anything about it -- the cashier had no paperwork on it and he said she seemed to feel really bad that she didn't know so she took him back to the repair shop. He found the guy who was "in charge" of my car and the guy said they had replaced wires. (Wires???) Anyway, both this guy and an older guy, SO said, told him that this was "a tough one" and that the work is guaranteed for 12 months.

Hey, since you guys were just discussing this, the receipt for the work done (the one that shows a balance due of $0.00) says on the back in the fine print that all work is guaranteed for 12 months if GM parts are used. Now since my car is NOT a GM car, does that mean that I get the default warranty (90 days) or do I get what the service manager (we think it was him) said -- 12 months? (Of course I am calling the dealership later today to ask the service manager just that question.)

Anyway, I have wheels again. We'll see how long they last this time. Thanks for all the moral support and suggestions, guys.

And, Tony, if you hadn't started this board so we could all see how everybody deals with these various bumps in the road of life, I don't know that I would have been quite so organized in approaching it this time. Thanks!

mys
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (9) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Managing Your Wealth
Our own TMFHockeypop from Rule Your Retirement fame on the TV show Managing Your Wealth.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement