No. of Recommendations: 1
Does anyone have information on credit card companies that work well with post-bankruptcy consumers? Many companies issue "secured" cards, but are there companies willing to work with those who are a couple of years out of bankruptcy and have a high income, no debt and a good (recent) payment and credit history? Secured cards are fine, but I'd like some of the perks (like rental car coverage) that usually come only on unsecured cards.
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
<<Does anyone have information on credit card companies that work well with post-bankruptcy consumers? Many companies issue 'secured' cards, but are there companies willing to work with those who are a couple of years out of bankruptcy and have a high income, no debt and a good (recent) payment and credit history? Secured cards are fine, but I'd like some of the perks (like rental car coverage) that usually come only on unsecured cards.>>

Just wait a while. If you have just gone through BK, your mailbox should soon be FULL of approved, unsecured cards. I'm surprised that you haven't been inundated already.

Why are the card companies so willing to work with the recently BK? Because you can't BK 'em again for another 7 years. So they know that they have you by the short hairs for a while.

They'll get you in with a low balance, and if you run up the card, you'll have all of that lovely interest to pay.

My experience is to take and complete various card applications that you run accross. You'll probably be stuck with a card that pays a higher interest rate AND an annual fee, but there should be plenty of card companies out there they would be glad to have you.

TMF Taxes
Roy Lewis
I agree with Roy. I don't see that you should have any trouble getting a card.

Don't bother waiting till you hear from them, pick up a selection of applications and send 'em in. No doubt you'll be getting an unsecured card soon enough. And when you do, many more will follow.

It may take a short period of time establishing a good rating with a card that doesn't throw too many perks, but once that's been done, they all will come your way.

Good luck!! : )
Tony
TMF2Aruba
Google 'secured credit card'. Read thru the various articles. Some do have perks.
CreditOne is unsecured but probably a low limit with cash back on gas/groceries.
Advertisement