No. of Recommendations: 0
Carefully done by whom? And to what end?

Been in a Courtroom lately? Been on a Jury lately?

As a matter of fact, I was in a courtroom on Monday of this week, and it was the third time in 12 months. Got called for jury duty but I can never get on one because I always have business trips already booked and ticketed that prevent me from serving (I don't commute every day by car, I commute once a week, every week, by plane), so I get postponed and come back 6 months later.

Why, have you? Is there a process by which those who are interested can volunteer rather than wait for the summons and deal with how things shake out? I'm sure being on a particular jury can enlighten someone as to how that particular judge's kingdom is run, but that is by no means a guarantee that it's an experience typical of other jurors throughout the land.

JT
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement