Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
although its a small sample, Carlos Beltran's playoff stats are off the charts...

13 home runs in 25 games!!!

13 home runs in 94 AB's = 1 home run every 7.23 at bats ( higher than Babe Ruth)...

22 RBI's in 25 games!!!

how's this for a stat line:
.362 BA, .819 SLG, 1.297 OPS
Print the post Back To Top
Carlos Beltran's playoff stats are off the charts

Please don't tell that to most Mets fan (not including me) who just want to remember him with his bat on his shoulder...

Christina
>> Please don't tell that to most Mets fan (not including me) who just want to remember him with his bat on his shoulder... <<

Yeah, I remember that. The Mets certainly didn't get the Carlos Beltran who singlehandedly carried the Astros on his back in 2005.

I've also come to NEVER bet against St. Louis in the playoffs. In particular, the weaker their record as a playoff team, the better they seem to do in October.

No. of Recommendations: 1
I've also come to NEVER bet against St. Louis in the playoffs. In particular, the weaker their record as a playoff team, the better they seem to do in October.

Rumour is that they will add another round to the playoffs next year just to see what St. Louis does.
Rumour is that they will add another round to the playoffs next year just to see what St. Louis does.

That should have come with a spew alert!

Christina
No. of Recommendations: 1
The Mets certainly didn't get the Carlos Beltran who singlehandedly carried the Astros on his back in 2005

No, they didn't get that guy. But they got more than their money's worth -- at least according to the WSJ, regardless of what Wilpon thought.

From an article prior to Beltran's being traded: "Through six seasons and the Mets' first 47 games of 2011, Beltran earned roughly $105.9 million in salary. His value over that span: $119.8 million."

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142405270230406650457634...

Note that the method used to make the valuation "...doesn't take into account other factors, such as a player's impact on ticket sales, and should not be taken as the defining measure of a player's value to a ballclub. But it is still a useful way to assess the extent to which a player lived up to his contract."

And Carlos DID in fact have an positive impact on ticket sales so the WSJ valuation is probably on the low side.

Christina
Advertisement