Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0

Surprised no one answered this (Questions almost always get answered here.)

I'm not one of the usual answer guys, but I think I can handle this one.

Even if you are in Washington, you'll have to pay CA taxes on income (or retirement) earned in CA. I think this would be the case even if it was pension income. But I'm pretty sure the severance package is going to be subject to CA state tax.

- Tom
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.