Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: alstroemeria Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 41472  
Subject: carotenoids for breast health Date: 12/10/2012 1:30 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
The researchers pooled together findings from eight previous studies and found that women who ate the most carotenoids in their diet had a lower risk of a less common form of breast cancer (called estrogen receptor negative or ER-) that has a poorer prognosis.

“The inverse associations we observed among ER- tumors highlight carotenoids as one of the first modifiable risk factors for this poor prognosis tumor type,” the authors wrote. Still, the researchers concluded that, “A diet high in carotenoid-rich fruits and vegetables offers many health benefits, including a possible reduced risk of breast cancer.”

List of carotenoid-rich foods in the article.

http://www.boston.com/dailydose/2012/12/10/weekly-challenge-...
Print the post Back To Top
Author: VeeEnn Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 38092 of 41472
Subject: Re: carotenoids for breast health Date: 12/10/2012 5:31 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I think we need a link that works

Author: VeeEnn Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 38093 of 41472
Subject: Re: carotenoids for breast health Date: 12/10/2012 6:03 PM
Recommendations: 0
I get it....Science by Press release..

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2012/12/121206163614.ht...

I fell for it!!

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement