Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
After looking around the net for a simple definition I turn here for an answer. Each year as I prepare my taxes I see references to something called "carryovers" (i.e. carryover worksheet). My failed research seems to indicate that there are two categories: loss carryovers and charitable contribution carryovers. Unfortunately I can't find an answer that starts at the beginning.

Can someone please define for me what a carryover is (particularly as related to charitable contributions)? Also, are there additional types of carryovers?


Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.