Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: Junkman Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 121219  
Subject: Cash flow Note Date: 2/12/2000 10:05 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I exercised a cash flow note in January 1999 received in 1996. Is this deemed income or a capital gain? the note was received as a result of court action against General Development corp
Print the post Back To Top
Author: TMFTaxes Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 28431 of 121219
Subject: Re: Cash flow Note Date: 2/12/2000 2:06 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
<<I exercised a cash flow note in January 1999 received in 1996. Is this deemed income or a capital gain?>>

Sorry...but I'm not familar with the term "cash flow note". Since I don't know what it is, it's impossible for me to tell you how it will be treated for tax purposes.

<< the note was received as a result of court action against General Development corp>>

Then I would suggest that you contact the attorney that handled your case. S/he should be able to shed some light on the subject.

TMF Taxes
Roy

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement